Looking south up High St towards Three Tons pub which is behind the War Memorial. (note- The War Memorial was relocated into Coles Road when the road was diverted back on to its original route in front of Milton Hall and the Three Tons is no longer a pub). The old bakery is the building to the left of the Three Tons pub and was rebuilt around the 1990s. Mr F Coulson is standing with his wheelbarrow beside the Waggon and Horses pub (Note- The Waggon and Horses in this photo is the old building). Circa: 1925 Location: High St from Hungry Hill/Fen Cottage
Arthur Condor, Post Office, General Store, Bakery. Christmas poultry could be cooked in bakers oven for 6d. Arthur Condor took dog to pub each day so he and the dog could have a pint of beer each. The Condors had two daughters Dolly and Annie Circa: 1942 Location: High Street (Hungry Hill)
Fern Cottage looking towards the centre of the village. Circa: 1940 Location: High Street from Hungry Hill Note- The Waggon and Horses pub is just off the picture just beyond the pole painted with white lines.