Landbeach Road Bus Shelter Art Competition
Following the success of the bus stop art competition in 2021 when 3 bus shelters in the village were given a ‘make-over’. Milton Parish Council are launching another competition but this time for under eighteens only.
Milton Parish Council have decided to install artwork in the bus shelter in Landbeach Road. As before funding for this will come from some money the Parish Council has received with the proviso that it can only be spent on arts-based projects. It is not from Council Taxes.
What is the competition?
- There are five ‘windows’ in the Landbeach Road bus stop – therefore we are looking to use at least five pieces of artwork to be installed in the panels. We may decide to use multiple artworks in some of the panels. This means there will be a minimum of five chances to win!
- Entries will be accepted from groups or individuals based in the village under the age of eighteen on 15th October 2022
- The competition runs from 1st August until 15th October 2022
- Artwork needs to have the theme of a Queens Jubilee memory. Maybe a picture connected to the royal family. It could be a picture associated with the Jubilee weekend – party theme, bunting, picnics, music. The pictures just need to have connection to the Jubilee – however loosely connected. It is up to you.
- The winning entries will be considered by an independent panel of judges
Competition Conditions of entry
- Any Milton resident, Milton based community group and Milton school is invited to enter up to three submissions providing they will be under 18 years old on 15th October 2022. Parish Councillors and their immediate family are excluded.
- By signing the Copyright/Agreement form you are agreeing to all Competition conditions.
What artwork is acceptable?
- We are looking for artwork which has a Queens Jubilee theme.
- The bus stop panels are 880mm [h] x 880mm [w] so artwork needs to be capable of being scaled up to this size. This means that if you are producing a small picture does it still work as a large picture when it gets enlarged?
- Discriminatory, racist, or pornographic artwork will not be accepted
How should I enter the artwork?
- Artwork can be submitted in finished or concept form
- If submitting artwork digitally it needs to be generated in TIF, BMP, JPG or PNG
- If you are drawing/painting your artwork as hard copy, we would be happy to accept a scan or digital photograph in JPG
- If you wish to submit the physical artwork, please contact the office for further instruction.
- All electronic submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions need to be received in the Parish Council office by 15th October 2022
- Before we can accept the artwork, we will need to check who owns the copyright. The artist or group who submitted the artwork will need to sign a declaration confirming they own the copyright to the artwork or have a legal right to use it for display in a public place. Otherwise, the artwork will be rejected.
- The condition of entry is that Milton Parish Council is given a licence to use the work for the use on the bus stops/other venues within Milton on a non-profit basis.
- Milton Parish Council reserves the right to cancel the project if no suitable artwork is received. The Parish Council’s decision is final.
- All accepted artworks will be viewed by the independent judging panel
- A minimum of five pieces will be chosen as winners
- The groups or individuals chosen for the final selected artwork will receive a voucher of £25 per piece on installation.
What happens next?
- Our production team will collaborate with the winners to ensure the artwork is processed to fit the bus stop.
- The artwork is expected to be installed late 2022
Have any technical questions or questions about the competition?
Call the Parish Council office on 01223 861477 or send an email to email@example.com