This website is owned by Milton Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- resize the website in any device or browser and still see all content
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of some of the text.
- older PDF documents and some recent scanned items are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Policy documents are not all structured in a way that is fully compatible with screen readers. We are working to provide reformatted versions that will be published once approved by Council.
- Sections of the Annual Accounts and Audit Statements are based on pro-forma documents provided by a third-party that are completed and signed by Council and by the Auditors. These are scanned for presentation on the web and so cannot be made accessible to screen readers. We endeavour to provide accessible summary accounting information in support of those documents.
If you need information from this website in a different format please email email@example.com or call the Council Office on 01223 861447. We will respond to your query as soon as possible.
We always wish to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, or you think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk on the email above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Milton Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard with some exceptions described below.
Content outside the scope of the regulations
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
We have tried to make all areas of the website and all content accessible. However, there are older documents which are presented as PDF files which are not accessible to a screen reader. If you find that you need access to one of these documents please contact us and we will attempt to rectify the issue as soon as we can.
The online copies of Annual Reports contain images that do not contain alt text and information that is not compatible with screen readers as the reports are created for print. We believe it is a disproportionate burden to create a separate, fully accessible copy for the website, as each household in Milton receives a paper copy.
The online copy of the Village Map contains images that do not contain alt text and information that is not compatible with screen readers as the reports are created for print. Key information is provided in other sections of the web page. We believe it is a disproportionate burden to create a separate, fully accessible copy for the website, as each household in Milton receives a paper copy included within the Annual Report.
This website was tested in various stages over the summer of 2020. Retests were performed after various updates on 22nd November 2020. The tests were carried out by Don Wildman who is an experienced IT Professional.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was created on 1st September 2020. It was last updated on 22nd November 2020.